Hello again! It has been a while. Too long? Too short? Or just the right amount of time? Byron Katie would say the latter. ANY-hoo…I’ve been wracking my brain over the last couple of months in terms of what to do with this podcast. I no longer have the time I used to thanks to a beautiful, amazing addition to our family. And quite frankly, having a podcast and social media accounts with the name “Dismantling Normal” has felt quite heavy over the last year and a half. I felt I need to have a articulate, well thought, well crafted opinion on each and every issue. And well, spoiler alert, I don’t. The experiences and interactions I’ve had over the last few months have made me softer in some ways and harder in others; they’ve made me waiver where I once felt solid and stand right where I once felt unsure. I also had a critical realization recently that led me to re-record this episode for the umpteenth time (my mom used to say “I’ve told you umpteen times…” and I never knew if that was a real word or not – spell check is not flagging me, so I guess it is.) because I kept having more to say. So, here’s the cliff note version of my little chat (this is the part where you either decide to listen or scroll on– I’ll do my best to give you a good picture so your decision is easy, one way or another):
- My critical realization and the two precipitating events/conversations leading up to it.
- Ease and intention and rest
- The reasons personal growth is no longer serving me and what I want instead.
- Social media, which will forever be a love / hate for me. And this changes multiple times a day. (No, I did not watch The Social Experiment. I do not need to be told I am addicted)
- I discuss the future of the podcast and about writing and how that fits in and will come back to life.
As I’m typing these bullets, I’m realizing how “me” focused this episode is. And, I could re-word it to sound more like it is about you, but I’m not going to. This is how I’m showing up today; this is how I’m taking up space. This episode is all about me. AND ALSO, I think you will find pieces of yourself in here too. Because, what I know for sure is…I’m never the only one.
Enjoy my ramblings and musings :).